The battery life mainly depends on the total working duration of the camera. Here are tips to extend the battery life.
Reduce motion detection
This is how motion detection works: When the PIR sensor perceives a change in the environment, motion detection will be triggered. The change in the environment can be a moving object, light change, the alternation of hot and cold air, etc. To reduce motion detection, you can
- Change the position of the camera to avoid false triggers like trees or plants triggers.
- Set motion detection sensitivity to “Low” or “Medium”. After doing that, the distance the PIR sensor can perceive will become shorter.
- Enable “Cool down time” (most cameras have the feature while some cameras do not) so that no video will be recorded again within the set time interval.
- Change the recording duration to 10s.
- Change the recording resolution to SD.
- Schedule sleep for the camera (most cameras have the feature while few cameras do not). You can schedule the non-working dates and hours for the camera. During the non-working period, namely the sleep period, motion detection (including push notifications, recordings, and camera alarm) will stop working, which will largely save battery life.
Ensure that the camera’s Wi-Fi connection is good
If the camera’s Wi-Fi connection is poor or unstable, it will keep actively searching for the network thus the battery will drain fast. To ensure a good Wi-Fi connection,
- Please try to place your camera as close to the Wi-Fi router as possible. Thick walls, bricks, ceramics, electromagnetic devices, a large amount of liquid, and large metal objects may interfere with Wi-Fi signals. Please try to avoid these objects.
- If the camera keeps offline or its Wi-Fi signal is weak (you can check it in the app) when it is placed next to the Wi-Fi router, you may need to use a better Wi-Fi router or a Wi-Fi extender.
Reduce the number or duration of live stream
To make the camera work longer, please reduce the number of live streams and avoid opening the live stream for a long time.
Do not place the camera in an extremely cold environment
Please note that the camera’s operation temperature is -10°~45°C.
Decrease Night Vision sensitivity
When you enable “Night Vision”, the camera will enter night mode when the light is darker than the threshold (sensitivity level). And when it’s dark, the shooting performance of the camera will be improved. However, night vision will consume the battery.
To reduce battery consumption, you can tap the camera “setting” icon > tap “Lighting Setting” > tap “Light Sensitivity Level” and set it to “Low” or “Medium”. After doing that, it is not easy for the camera to enter night vision when it is still very bright.